The Parish of St John Ogilvie's is ministered by Priests of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) is a religious order of the Roman Catholic Church founded on January 25 1816 by Saint Eugene de Mazenod, a French priest from Marseilles. It was first recognised by Pope Leo XII on February 17 1826. Originally established to revive the Church after devastation by the French Revolution the religious order now serves in various countries around the world. Though they originally focused on working with the poor, they became known as a missionary and teaching order as well. In 1938, Pope Pius XI called them "specialists in difficult missions".
More information about St Eugene and about the work of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate can be found on the Oblates of Mary Immaculates Anglo-Irish Province website - Click here.
The Oblate Centre of Mission in Edinburgh comprises of the parishes of St John Ogilvie, Wester Hailes and St Mary's Star of the Sea, Leith. Resident at St John Ogilvie's: Fr Tony Quinlan OMI. Resident at St Mary's Star of the Sea: Fr Denis Connor OMI.
For more information on Vocations to the Oblate Life and Mission please contact Fr John McFadden OMI, Oblate Vocations Director, Sacred Heart Church, Quex Road, Kilburn, LONDON NW6 4PS, e-mail address: email@example.com.
Copyright © .
St John Ogilvie's is a Roman Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of
St Andrews and Edinburgh, registered charity No. SC008540